Yoga is a mind and body practice. Various styles of yoga combine physical postures, breathing techniques, and meditation or relaxation. The goal is to increase physical and mental stamina, awareness, and harmony, Your mindfulness!
Yoga can be very effective in developing coping skills and reaching a more positive outlook on life.
What is Face Yoga?
In conversation with Aiyana Wellness :
Yoga is a Yogic technique for neuromuscular rejuvenation of the Head and the face.
Scientifically designed Asana/ Exercises that increase blood circulation to the 57 muscles of the Face, Neck, and Scalp. Increasing blood circulation, oxygen, and nutrients to your cells. Which improves the life of the cell. Face yoga assists in tightening and lifting the muscles under the skin which smooths lines and wrinkles.
What is the purpose of Face Yoga?
- Increases Circulation to the Neck, Face, and Scalp.
- Applied rehabilitation using Facial muscles.
- Isolating the muscles that control the mouth with various exercises can have a positive effect on overall speech quality for those suffering from a disease that weakens the muscles.
- Utilising various facial exercises helps build muscle tone.
- Stress management and anxiety control.
- Reduce the appearance of scars.
1. How would Face Yoga Address possible problems associated with Autism: Eye movements: Coordination: lazy eye: Difficulty following an object with the eyes:
Aiyana Face Yoga technique isolates the 57 facial muscles. With a routine designed for the eyes and surrounding muscles. The regime focuses on the Orbicularis occli, the optic nerve, zygomatic minor and major muscles, the procerus even the temporalis. The objective is to increase oxygenation, circulation, and muscle tone (overall cell health). for instance, tracking an object with eyes or visual defensiveness. Repetitive instructions of the exercise sequence are seen helping spatial visual processing issues like repeated blinking, and eye contact.
2. How could Face Yoga improve an autistic person’s life?
The opinion and experience are that following the Aiyana Face Yoga regime, there have been changes seen in people with various spectrum disorders.
The repetitiveness, interaction with the therapist, also where possible with group participants. We saw Improvements in areas of an individual’s life. For example, With improvement in issues related to eye contact, one can improve social skills and with it self esteem. An overall improvement in quality of life.
To know more about face yoga click on the below link :
Hi autismconnect.com, You always provide helpful information.
Face Yoga Therapy is an incredible practice that combines ancient roots’ wisdom and the modern understanding of health and wellness. By utilizing gentle facial exercises and breathwork, this therapy can help to improve circulation, reduce tension, and promote relaxation in the face and neck. Thanks for sharing this post; it’s very helpful. However, if you are into yoga, I found out about these yoga poses for better blood circulation, which I found very interesting to read.
Are classes offered in this, or a DVD or streaming?